Friday, July 31, 2009

Boy, we just had a huge thunderstorm come rolling through. I just love summer storms. The wind was blowing, the rain was cascading down, the thunder was all around, wonderful. As long as we don't get hit by lightning, of course. Which we have been three times. But why take all the fun out of the summer storm. I didn't see any lightning so I won't worry about that. And Ryan is downstairs just working away on my leaky old pipes. There are some new holes added today. He is doing his best not to chop away too much of the wall and ceiling, but he has to be able to get to the pipes and fittings. I told him to just do what he needed to do to get it done. Looks more and more like there might be some redecorating happening! I didn't have my girls today so it has been a productive, creative sort of day, working on new projects for the upcoming Fall classes. I think I've come up with some fun and fallish projects that will be fun to make and fun to decorate with. I have such wonderful ladies in my classes who are always so supportive of me and my "projects". I truly appreciate each and every one of them for the confidence they show in me and their willingness to learn what I have in my brain that is not always easy to teach at times. I'm working on a new Fall penny mat which is going to be a very scrappy mat. So the best way to get into that scrappy look is to just dump out all the scraps from the big giant scrap basket and dig in which is exactly what I did. Oh why fun that is. I have two classes at my house this weekend so the ladies will be in for a big surprise when they get here -- DISASTER!! Certainly not the house that was in the magazine!!! All of my living room furniture is pushed to one end of the room and covered in plastic and the rest of the stuff is in the dining room piled on and around the table. All of the bathroom contents are emptied into the master bedroom piled high on the floors and bed. Oh my goodness, I'll just have to keep them in the workroom with blinders on. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word girl!!! You have alot going on!! And you leave in 10 days for the west coast!! Can't wait to sit and stitch together!! hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog, Sharon...didn't know you had one but will enjoy now! I really loved your patriotic home, featured in CTRY. Sampler. Blessings to you and family (cute little girls: ) Barbara @ Cabin In The Woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a mess reminds me of our place after we get home from a show. Of course are pipes all hold water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course
    Debbie did not write these 2 comments. Tell Mark to get busy

    ReplyDelete