Friday, July 17, 2009


Time flies when you're having fun. I've been busy with my little girls this week, picking the fruits of our labor from the garden, visiting the library for story hour and bringing home stacks of good books to read, coloring, drawing, creating cards, chasing butterflies, watching their favorite Disney movies and so much more. We're going to do a little baking after dinner this evening. They wanted to create a recipe this afternoon but every recipe we chose I was missing several ingredients. So we need to make a trip to the store and then we will get creative in the kitchen. Both girls love to cook and bake.

I have a snowman class tomorrow so it will be a busy day with ladies creating wonderful snowmen. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
I have been trying to grow black eyed susans for years. I could never get them to grow, bloom or resemble anything close to the beautiful flower I remembered from my Mamaw's gardens. So this summer I've been watching the plant grow that has just not produced for a couple of years. I sort of held my breath waiting to see what would happen. For some strange reason it decided to bloom this year and is just beautiful. It is covered with big beautiful yellow flowers with a zillion buds waiting to burst open. I am so excited to finally have this flower bloom. It just brings back such fun and fond memories of being at my Mamaw's house in the summer time and walking around her gardens looking at all her beautiful flowers. She always had such a green thumb. And I guess this flower takes me back to a simpler, quieter time, which we all need these days. Here's to black eyed susan summer days!

1 comment:

  1. OMG....the girls are growing up so fast!!! Your right...time does fly!! Your garden looks great!! It sure puts our to shame!! I love the black eyed susans and the memories you get from them....I have memories like that from my visits with my Great Aunt Kaddy and hydranga's!! I have planted one at every house but I still dont have one here at this house...it is on the list to get soon!!Hugs to you....d

    ReplyDelete