Thursday, July 2, 2009

My dear sweet friend Debbie from Wooden Spool Designs helped me figure some things out on my blog this afternoon. She has been blogging for awhile and I, of course, am new to this so I cried HELP! Neither one of us had the time to be playing on the computer but we somehow found the time to do just that. Thanks so much Debbie. I really, really need to be doing a dozen other things right now, like packing for our trip to Florida tomorrow, working on kits for upcoming classes and maybe even a little stitching. And I know Debbie has a zillion things to do getting ready for an upcoming show. So again, thanks for your valuable time!!!!

Actually, I did work on kits yesterday for a snowman pillow class as the picture will attest to. So some progress has been made in that direction. I have decided to teach Christmas in July classes for the months of July and August, so I'm busy working on snowmen and Santas in the 97 degree heat (well, of course I'm in the air conditioning) but it just doesn't seem right to be thinking Christmas when it's so hot. Thus the reason we could never live in Florida.

I've also been working on some new pattern designs, possibly in preparation for a trip to quilt market next spring. It takes a long time to come up with an idea, draw it, design it, stitch it, and then turn it into something fun. And don't forget create and write the pattern directions. So a lot goes into the production of one pattern design. Here's a sneak peek of part of something I'm working on. So far I really love the designs. I've been busy the past few years with so many other things that I haven't been doing much designing. I didn't realize how much I had missed it until I caught myself drawing one night. I had a blast coming up with new sketches and couldn't wait to start stitching. That's when I knew it was time for Liberty Rose to get back to business. And I'm doing just that with the encouragement of a few good friends!! So back to work I go. Wishing everyone a safe and happy fourth of July!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute!! I love the new design and am so happy you have a blog now!! It was so fun to get to chat together this morning!! Well my morning your afternoon!! I want one of your pillow kits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your trip goes well and you have lots of fun. Love, Love, Love the new stitchery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend,
    Love the newest post. I am so glad you are designing for the spring show! The "sneak peak" is such a tease. The bird make-do on your site is tooo cute, did a dear friend make it for you? I hear she maybe working on one for a gal named Debbie! Hope you are having a wonderful time in Florida, we miss you at home. Love from your biggest fan,
    e
    p.s. We missed you at Bee today. Everyone says HI!

    ReplyDelete