Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've had a little stitching time this week. The plumber can't come until next week to work on our leaky pipes and arrangements had already been made for the girls to be with their other Grandma, so that freed up a little time for me. So I got busy on the new pattern design I'm working on that I've been posting sneak peeks of here and there. I have two more "blocks" and I'll be done with the stitching part. I'm so excited and absolutely love these "girls". Here's a sneak peek at part of one of the blocks.










Our garden is abundant with tomatoes this year, especially the grape tomatoes. It's amazing how many are on just one plant. Our cucumbers, like many other folks, didn't do so well this year. They started out ok but ended up being very bitter. Time to plant a new round of crops for the fall harvest. The girls have already planted their pumpkin seeds, so we'll have that to look forward to. Need to get some squash and zucchini in the ground soon. Love the fresh vegetables.


My friend Evette and I got together last night to work on preparing a model for the August recipe card. I had purchased some papers and a stamp set last week, so that was what we had to start our creative process. We sit across from one another and just toss ideas back and forth and cut out paper and stamp designs and in the end we come up with a pretty great card. At least that's what we're hoping for while we're going through the brainstorming session. We can also make quite a mess with all the supplies, which we did last night. Too late to clean up, too tired, so that's was on today's agenda. But in the end it was all worth it and I think the ladies will like the August card alot. I already know some of them love the recipe since I served it at the Stampin' Up open house on Sunday and it received rave reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the new design all together!!!!! It is gorgeous so far!

    ReplyDelete