I have quite a few old sewing boxes. Most are still ok on the insides but I grabbed one to use Saturday morning and the insides practically fell apart in my hands. It was similar to the one in the picture above except smaller. Well, next thing I knew, I had the insides totally ripped out and an empty shell of a box sitting there looking pretty pathetic. So I decided to try and recover the inside of the little box. What did I have to lose at this point! Believe it or not ladies, I used a lot of glue on this project!! Anyone who takes classes with me will attest to the fact that I don't like to use glue or fusibles, but in this project it was impossible not to use glue. So I started measuring, cutting and trimming and came up with a brand new little sewing box. I love it!!
The fabric has sweet little cherries all over it so I stitched a pincushion that says "Stray Pins" on a piece of vintage linen that already had two little cherries. Now I have a fun box to keep my everyday sewing supplies in. The box makes me smile everytime I open it!