Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To market, to market I go with my wares!  A gathering of a few things I'm taking to the classroom this evening.  Some more cherry pincushion kits and a new March pincushion kit............and some pretty spring colored wool that a couple of gals have asked for. 
I finally finished the stitching on this wallhanging quilt I've been working on off and on since August of last year.  I bought the fabrics when I visited Debbie in Oregon and pieced it together there.  I knew I wanted birds in the blank squares and words in the smaller rectangles but until recently wasn't sure if I needed to draw something.  One day I found an adorable pattern by Kathy Schmitz of all these whirly twirly birds and they were the perfect size and look for my quilt.  And I just added fun bird words to the rectangle blocks.  I got those all finished up last night and am so happy with the way it turned out.  Next is the quilting and binding and it will finally be ready to hang in one of my bedrooms.  I love when something is finally done.....a sense of accomplishment.

1 comment:

  1. love the quilt, it will match my bedroom nicely! =o) Cherry Pincushion??? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete