Monday, February 11, 2013

Remember the Daddy/Daughter dinner my husband was asked to step in for my son........
Here is proud Poppy and his two girls before the dinner.  They each received roses and a heart shaped box of chocolates and then were whisked off to be wined and dined......with sprites and chicken nuggets!! 
Poor Joshua was left behind but didn't mind since he got to ride his tricycle.  I can never get a smiling picture of the little fella. 
Beginning quilt class here on Saturday.  The ladies met downstairs for their first class while I had a group of wool girls upstairs working on a different project.  My husband didn't know which way to go.....there were women all over the house!! 
OK, do your fabric shelves look like mine?  At some point things were so much neater but as things get pulled out and shoved back, chaos happens.  After visiting with a friend last week and seeing how neat and organized her fabric was, I decided it was time to get a handle on my fabric.  Sometimes I can't find fabrics that I know I have and sometimes I think I have things that I don't........you get the picture........................ 
So I dumped a couple of shelves on the floor and decided to spend a couple of hours Sunday afternoon sorting and folding the fabric.  I have a zillion million other things that need to be done but I just felt like I NEEDED to do this NOW!  I got a call that one of my sisters had a heart attack and I think I just needed to do something mindless as I thought about her and waited to hear how she was doing.  She's fine now.....still in the hospital......tests and more tests........she's now done with being in the hospital and ready to go home......but she is where she needs to be right now (I say to her)......so I needed to do something mindless.........

In the middle of mindless on Monday morning, Joshua came to visit.  He has pink eye and can't go to daycare or another babysitter and his Mommy had plans where she needed a babysitter.  So Mina to the rescue.....you can see his poor little pink eye........so Joshua and Mina played trucks and watched Curious George and ate snacks and played blocks and read books and danced and listened to the wind blow in the trees........and ....
Mina taught him how to play the cymbals with two pot lids..............I've already taught him to play the drums with a wooden spoon so the cymbals seemed the next logical step......

And now my fabric shelves are starting to look like this!!  Isn't it beautiful!!!  I love the organization and the fact that I can see all the fabrics.   
So far I have the reds, blues and fall/Halloween fabrics organized.  I am working on the greens now.  The only problem I have is that the neatness takes up more space.  I think I am about half a shelf short right now.  But I'll figure that out along the way.  At least I can see what I have.   Thanks "friend" for sharing your sewing room with me.

Have you had a mindless Monday?  Hope you found some time to stitch along the way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment