Saturday, February 16, 2013

Busy Week.....

What a busy but fun week I've had.  Lots and lots of classes, which means lots and lots of fun ladies, lots of projects, lots of stitching and Valentine's Day thrown right in the middle!!
Tricia is caught red handed holding several pieces that the ladies want to have classes in.  She seemed to be the one that everything got passed to and therefore the culprit in my eyes!!  Sorry Tricia............... 
Some of the gals admiring a summer flag piece that they want to do as a class.  I can't seem to get one bunch of classes done before they're planning more..........oh well, it's all good in the end!!  They're just trying to help me and Lord knows, I can sure use that!! 
We had a surprise birthday party for Donna.  Lots of gifts and a pot luck lunch to boot.  Happy Birthday Donna!

Mark's new carved bear now greets everyone at the door when they come in.  I gave him a wool scarf for the cold temperatures. 
Wow, look at Joyce with all the snacks.  These were the snacks we were having before Donna's potluck birthday lunch.  Looks like Joyce found the right seat to sit at!! 
This was a recipe card class.  The ladies needed to to January and February recipe cards before we could stop for lunch.  Whew, work faster!!!!  There was a Monday night recipe class also which made it easier for me to have the supplies out and ready to do the first card.  The hard part was the glitter that was involved.  Looks beautiful on the cards but sure does make a mess.
My husband snapped this picture of me after a long day of classes and work.  I think I could probably have fallen asleep given the chance.  But no, look at that messy fabric in the background.  There is fabric that needs to be folded..........back to work girl!!!! 
I invited the kids over for Valentine's Day dinner.  It was a bit rushed since the girls had basketball practice to get to and their Dad is the coach.  So hurry up and eat and out the door.  Forgot to take a picture of everyone sitting at the table.  Oh well.....I did have a little surprise gift for each person.  They loved that. 
And Tricia dressed Mr. Bear for Valentine's Day.  Isn't he fun. 
Before Stitchery Club got here on Friday morning, I finished putting together my wool girl pieces.  This is a project I started a few years ago with no intention of putting them together as a quilt.  I thought I would frame them individually and use them when appropriate.  Well, my BFF told me they absolutely needed to be in a quilt so I did as instructed.  I actually love it as a quilt and have to say, this picture doesn't quite do the piece justice.  It is very pretty in person. 
The kids came over Friday night while Mom and Dad went out for Valentine's dinner and movie together.  I had to snap this picture of Joshua lining up his trucks.  His Daddy did the exact same thing when he was this age.  I love watching Joshua and remembering so many similar things about is Daddy.  Now if I could just get Eric to have a child or two......................
 What a sweet baby face!!  Wonder what he's thinking?  His pink eye looks so much better.
Busy day on Saturday.  Six ladies planned on being here to work on the white flower mat project.  Well, six ladies showed up plus one extra friend to work on something else.  A room full of ladies and fun and wool. 
Dolly just loves when I take her picture!!!  Oh Sharon, I didn't know you were there with the camera........... 
Everyone is so busy pulling wool and creating when all of a sudden, right in the middle of my class................ 
it started to snow............big beautiful flakes.  Well, that got everyone in a tizzy and the next thing I know everyone is gathering their stuff and heading out the door.  Now you have to understand down here in the south we don't get much snow and when we do, we know it's best to head home or just stay home.  So that's what happened.  Everyone went home.  I made sure they all had their bits and pieces and all their threads and enough to keep them busy just in case we got an inch or two of snow!!  haha 
As the last person left, I snapped this picture of my van.  See it is snowing and it is accumulating a wee little bit.  Don't laugh at us southerners!!!!  We love the snow but we love it from home, all safe and cozy!

Safe travels to everyone.......wish we would get several more inches of snow........happy stitching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment