Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I promise this is the last post of the bathroom and bedroom.  Several people has asked me to show pictures of it decorated.  I have put some things back and everything is nice and clean and the dust is all gone (for now!).  So here are a few pics of the bathroom which we are finally starting to use again.  Feels weird I have to say.


I meant to put a runner on the commode but forgot.  Still working on it!!!  The Hollyhock Fairy is an old stitchery from Fannie Turgeon that I used to sell in my store and Lisa sold in her store.  We both fell in love with this one and each got one.  Well, mine has been in the garage on a shelf for years because it just didn't have a place in my house.  Now it does.  It looks much better in person than in the picture.  A very cottage look in the bathroom. 
Moved a table into the bedroom on Mark's side of the bed.  Gives him a little more room for his stuff and fills in the space better.   Hung the big red star over the bed that used to be in the living room where a quilt now hangs in its place
Mark's comfy recliner has been in the bedroom for years.  Tried to give him a better seating area.  As you can see I love RED!!! 
This old oak cupboard has been in about every room in the house.  It holds all my miniature teddy bears from various artists that I used to collect.  They are so sweet and I can't bear to part with them.  Anyway, we moved out a big old wardrobe and needed something smaller in it's place so this works.

So that's it in a nutshell.  I'm done moving, painting and decorating for awhile now.  Still have the holes in the living room ceiling but they'll be fixed soon.  So y'all just ignore me now and don't be looking for anymore "house" projects!!!!!

On a sad note, Lisa from Lone Star is about to make her final trip home to her Mom's so everybody keep her and Mom in your prayers for a safe journey and a peaceful journey for her Mom.  And she promises in April that she'll be ready to offer some rug hooking and punchneedle classes so get ready for that.  Also, you gals that are waiting on the Memory piece, Lisa has that in the works for April also.  She's going to be a busy gal. 

Happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came across this blog when doing a google search on The Hollyhock Fairy. At a yards sale last week, I purchased a framed stichwork poem just like the one you show in your bathroom. I just love it and would love some background on it!
    jamiedeez23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete