Friday, August 27, 2010

I had a fun day with Raleigh on Thursday.  We started our morning by going to JoAnn Fabrics to buy some paper I needed for an upcoming class.  Well, we spent quite a bit of time in the Halloween aisles.  She loved looking at all the decorations and especially the dancing and singing creatures.  At one point we had a choir going on with all the singing.  I was afraid the manager might come back to see what was happening.  I finally got her away from Halloween, found the paper, only to end up looking at all the "beautiful" fabrics with her.  She just loved all the Halloween sparkly fabrics.  Quite a time we had.  Before we left the house Raleigh asked if she could play with my "little people" when we got home.  The "little people" are my Byers Carolers.  She loves to get them out, line them up for a visit to Santa, pose them. 
Raleigh hiding among the "little people".  She had the best time arranging them between the two bedrooms.  I walked in the room one time and she had them all on top of the ironing board with the head guy on the bed post conducting the choir.  Another time they were lined up to visit Santa.
Raleigh asked if I would take her picture.  I think she just wanted to do her cute little pose!
Big Sister Reagan just got home from school.  Couldn't leave her out of the pictures!  She strikes the pose also!!
Here's the conductor leading the choir on the ironing board!!  Too funny!
I remembered my camera for a recipe card class on Thursday night.  I never take pictures at those classes it seems.  So I forgot it the night before with the gingerbread man class (sorry ladies) but remembered it for card class.  Everyone was concentrating on their cards.


And here's the front of the card.  This recipe was for Picnic Banana Pudding.  A super yummy treat that you layer in a mason jar for serving.  A very vintage looking card this month.
Raleigh went to class with me for the first time ever.  I thought it would be fine since the card classes are normally over within a couple of hours.  And she especially wanted to go because she found out that three cats live at the house where I teach.  Raleigh loves cats and wants to be a veterinarian some day.  There is, however, also a doggy at the house that has a very loud bark.  That absolutely terrified Raleigh and she wrapped herself around my leg crying.  I was trying to figure out how to teach a class with a four year old wrapped around my leg.  I finally had a little talk with her, put a blanket on the floor with her coloring book and markers, and she was fine.  I felt so sorry for her.  She was so excited about visiting the cats and terrified of the dog.  But we got through it and she colored pictures for each of the ladies in class.  The funny thing to me was on the way home she told me she had the best time in the class and from now on she was going to all my classes with me.  OH MY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whew...I thought you were going to say another one of your carolers got broke. ;O) That Raleigh is too stinking cute, they both are!

    ReplyDelete