Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Can't believe Christmas has come and gone so quickly. We say that every year but it seems the older I get the faster it goes!!! My brother and his family were here to celebrate New Years with us and we had a great time. The girls spent the night at our house since their cousin Taylor was visiting from Virginia. They had their own New Year's celebration at 9pm toasting with sparkling cider and horns to toot. They had a blast.
On New Years Day I started taking down Christmas stuff, even though I had told myself I wasn't going to do that until my brother and family went home. It just accidentally mushroomed into taking it all down. It just felt like it needed to be put away. So things are back to normal for the most part now and I'm happy about that.
I just got back the Calendar Girls quilt from Leslie who was quilting it for me. She did a great job and the quilt looks wonderful. I can't wait for everyone to see it in person. Here's a picture of the January and February blocks up close.
Back to being busy. Didn't get enough accomplished over the holidays and trying to squeeze in as much as I can now for the upcoming classes.
Here's to wishing all of you a happy and wonderful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment