Friday, June 29, 2012

300 Posts!

Should there be a drum roll or something?  Three hundred blog posts!  Who knew I had so much to share?  Surely not me.  So thank you for being part of this journey.

I have emailed the new class schedules.  There are only three projects this time.  I thought everyone might like to take it easy for the summer and catch up on other projects.  But I am going to be here and would to have you all visit and create something new!
This mat was orignally featured in a magazine as a tote bag.  After much thought I decided to turn the bag into a mat which I knew I would get much more use from.  I added a couple "new" veggies to the mix.  This was a fun and easy project to work on.  And it's just perfect for the fresh veggie season that we're enjoying now. 
These sweet little sewing companions are from a Wooden Spool Designs pattern.  The bee skep is a needle keep and the bumblebee a pincushion/needle keep.  Both projects are fun and work up pretty quickly.  I think it would be fun to have a big glass jar full of the bees to sit with the Farmer's Market mat.  Always working the decorating angle! 
Finally, a summer recipe book.  This one is chock full of red, white and blue and yummy recipes.  There are seventeen recipes in total with lots of fun decorating to make each page special. 

Tis the red, white & blue season, my favorite decorating time of the year!  It just makes me happy.  Here's to wishing each of you an early Happy 4th of July and safe travels if you're out on the roads. 
And hopefully while you're enjoying the summer holiday, you'll find some stitching time!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 300th Post...I have enjoyed them ALL!! Here's to the next 300!!
    P

    ReplyDelete