Friday, May 25, 2012

Progress

Well, another week has flown by but I've been super busy working on those projects I shared with you last week.  The hours just go by so quickly!!
Here's the Farmer's Market mat.  I did lots of stitching on this piece.  I still need to add the carrot tops, the tomato tops and the corn husks.  Then I will do a little embroidery embellishing.   
Three more quilt blocks completed.  I think 13 to go!  Lucky 13!! 
The recipes have all been chosen and typed for the upcoming cookbook class.  I have also started gathering rubber stamps, clip art, embellishments, etc. to use in the book.   
Kits have been cut and put together for Saturday's classes.  Looking forward to the two classes.  The ladies are all bringing potluck dishes to share for lunch.  That's always loads of fun. 
I invited a group of neighbors and friends to spend the evening on Thursday for a Pampered Chef party.  I have never been to one of these parties nor do I own any Pampered Chef so this was a new adventure for me.  It was so much fun and very entertaining. 
Judy was our demonstrator and she did a great job.  She had so many products to share and was so knowledgeable about everything in the line. 
And, of course, she fed us.  This was a lava cake that she was preparing.  I chose orange for the flavor.  It was absolutely delicious.  And only 12 minutes in the microwave in this wonderful stoneware casserole.  I may have to have one of these!!  She also made homemade potato chips and mini pesto pizzas.  I was quite impressed with all of the products and am struggling with what to order now.  I think all the ladies had a good time and everyone except me had lots of Pampered Chef products.  So I guess that speaks highly of the company and their products. 

I wish you all a very safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.  Eats lots of good food and be thankful for our military.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I love your Farmer's Market mat! I am planning to make that too! Good idea to just make it into a table topper. They had some great projects this month.

    ReplyDelete