Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Miss Lou's Quilt Studio

Some of you may remember from an earlier post a pincushion that I presented to Debbie Powell of Miss Lou's Quilt Studio.  The real truth is I had my sister draw Debbie's shop but realized I couldn't get the entire piece stitched by the time I was teaching my class there so I decided to turn a small portion into a pincushion.  Debbie loved her pincushion and carries it with her wherever she goes.  She even told her husband if they had a fire in the house to save the pincushion.  Too funny.  Well, in the meantime I've been stitching like a fool trying to get the shop picture completed.  And a week or so ago the time came to present Debbie with the finished piece. 
Here I am telling Debbie I had something for her and she said "Are you going to make me cry again?"  I sure hope not. 
She was totally surprised and loved the finished shop.  She said something like now I have the whole building.   
Debbie is a special friend to me and has graciously shared her studio and students with me.  I have enjoyed teaching there and truly appreciate her generosity.  And, of course, I always have a good time when I'm there and have made some new friends along the way. 
Ta-da!!  The finished Miss Lou's Quilting Studio.............love the red, white & blue.

And as a result of this little adventure, several people have asked if we could draw their homes for stitching.  I now have my sister working on that little project and hopefully we'll be able to do just that.  So if you want your home, or someone else's home, or a shop drawn, let me know and I'll let you know what we've come up with.

Hopefully you're inspired to do a little stitching of your own today.............

No comments:

Post a Comment