Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy Week.......

My six year old granddaughter has been tracked out of school the three weeks following Christmas.  Before Thanksgiving she started asking me if she could learn to use the sewing machine.  I told her when she was tracked out and we had some time, we would learn to use the machine.  She really wanted to make a doll dress for her Bitty Baby named Avery.  I told her that would take lots of practice, but we'd see.  Well, she didn't forget and reminded me and reminded me and reminded me some more.  I started her out just playing on the machine, getting used to it, trying to stitch straight lines.  Then we tackled a nine-patch quilt square.  She did great with both.  She then decided she was ready to make the doll dress!!  I tried to talk her out of it but to no avail.  So we made a trip to the fabric store, I let her pick out her own fabric and off we went. 
Here she is sewing the straps for the little sun dress. 
And trimming threads.  That was very important to her. 
On day two we completed the dress.  She did a lot of the work and I helped where it was more challenging.  I think she did a great job and I'm very proud of her for wanting to learn and do something so badly.  She told me this week she wants to be a fashion designer so we'll see....................... 
After we got home from Raleigh's ballet class, the girls climbed this tree.  Now I don't think I've ever seen a ballerina in a tree before! 
Awwww.......sisterly love! 
From the perspective of a four year old...........Raleigh was walking around taking pictures one afternoon.  I deleted them all but this one which I thought was hilarious.  This is from her Handy Manny tool box.  I heard her talking to the tools but didn't pay attention to what she was doing.  Guess she likes the hammer the best! 
Large class on Saturday for Valentine Photo Transfer.  The room was full, the ladies were creative and we had lots of fun. 
Sorry Dolly, I just had to share this photo.  You are so darned funny!  And sweet!! 
Tricia says this is how not to make a heart!!!!  We had a do-over on this one.  Second time's the charm! 
Leslie is trying to decide which Valentines she wants to copy.  There were quite a few to choose from and everyone's pieces came out adorable. 
Kim and Dolly busy at work.  They really got a lot accomlished.  Notice how Dolly won't look up anymore!!  Sorry!!!!

Find some time to stitch today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Reagan's dress. It turned out great! Please tell her how much I like it. She will be sewing clothes for herself in no time!

    ReplyDelete