Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I walked into the living room this morning and just had to take a couple of pictures. There are no more holes!!!! YAY!!! Mike worked all day yesterday and got all the holes fixed except for the kitchen ceiling, which he is busy working on now. I am so excited that the work is almost done. As I stood in the living room this morning I couldn't resist taking a picture of my flag wall. It made me think that through all this toil and trouble, the flag was still there. They are hanging in all their glory, as chaos goes on around them. Hmmmmmmmm............remind you of a famous song? All the repair work is being completed just in time for me to leave for my trip to Oregon. I'm leaving this afternoon to visit my friend Debbie in Portland, Oregon. I'll be there a whole week! Debbie and I have been counting down the months, then the weeks, then the days until I got to come out. Now it's hard to believe the time is here and I'm leaving behind such a mess. But I suppose I shouldn't fret about that, it'll be waiting for me when I get home. I know my husband will do what he can to clean it up and maybe even paint, but I have to PUT IT BACK TOGETHER myself. Funny that way! And of course, everything is so dusty from all the drywall sawing and cutting and sanding. So a very good cleaning will have to be done. Can't wait to see Debbie and her beautiful part of the country. And I saw on the computer that her weather is in the 70's for the next few days so I am very excited and happy about that. I think I should live where she does because the temperatures are normally cooler and it rains much more than here and I love the rain. If I could just get all my family and friends to move there it would be great!!


My bags are packed, I'm ready to go....................another song!
I'm sure I'll be posting from Debbie's house. She has lots of activities planned for us plus we plan to spend lots of time creating and designing and being crafty. Can't wait! See you tonight Debbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment