Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rough start.....


As some of you already know, 2013 has not been kind to me.  I have caught some sort of CRUD (as I am calling it) and have been sick since before New Year's.  My husband was sick right after Christmas and I guess it was only a matter of time before I got sick too.  I am now on some nice antibiotics and after just one day of medicine, am starting to feel human again.  But that's not what this post is about.....it's about how sweet my husband is.


I was just looking out one of our upstairs windows and thought how pretty our garden was looking in the backyard.  We cut a huge river birch tree down a couple of years ago and we've been slowly enlarging the garden and adding to the landscape.  I had several plants/trees that were given to me when my Mom passed away and we added all of those things to this garden.  It makes me think of Mom whenever I look out at the garden.  She loved her flowers and trees and bushes!!!

At Christmas, hubby gave me a beautiful Holly tree, which I've wanted for years.  And right after Christmas, we figured out where to plant the tree which involved enlarging the garden space to accommodate the tree (his idea, not mine!).  So even though hubby was sick with the CRUD, he still went out and enlarged a huge section of the garden, raked and put down fresh mulch. 

And then, on top of that, he relocated our bird feeder pole and made a new area for that.  I love that man!!!

Just wanted to share something sweet as I sit here coughing my head off (literally it just rolled off!!).

I wrote this post several days ago but have just figured out how to get the pictures to post.  Something happened to my blogger and after several hours of off and on dinking with the computer and almost paying someone to tell me what I was doing wrong, I just figured it out!!  I still love my husband for what he did for me and we are still both battling the CRUD!!!  Some other people are not using as nice a word as CRUD!!!

Hoping your New Year is a healthy one..................and definitely find some stitching time, I hear it cures all!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you both are feeling better...we both have it too it's a bummer!!!!:( 4 boxes of kleenex, 3 jugs cranberry juice,lot's of chicken noodle soup, gallons of water and lot's of rest...I think we are starting to mend!

    Carolyn
    P.S. I know you have a keeper, Sharon...so do I for 48 years now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've gone through this CRUD!! My trash cans have overflowth with all the tissues!! Should take stock in Puffs Plus! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete