Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I finished the quilt top for the sweet snowman BOM that I'm offering.  This is a Buttermilk Basin pattern that I've had for at least a couple of  years and never got around to.  Stacy simply sashed each of her snowman blocks but I decided I wanted a more quilty look so I added several four patches as alternating blocks.  Love the look.  I bought the fabric from Whistle Stop Quilt Shop before she closed and love how it turned out in the blocks.  Not Christmas fabric but just the right colors.  I already miss Connie!

 We had stitchery club recently and several ladies had show and tell.  Joan brought two quilt tops she had completed.  Aren't the doggies adorable.  I love this piece.  I would just need to add a Dalmation!  There's Joan's head below peeking over her second quilt top.  The picture doesn't do this piece justice.  Look at all the embroidery she did to complete this top!  Great job Joan!

And Joyce also brought two pieces she completed.  One was a Mr. Snowflake pillow which was one of my older patterns and the other piece, a table runner that Joyce designed herself.  Again, the photo doesn't do it justice.  And it's huge!  Another great job!

The grandkids spent the weekend with us this past weekend.  On Monday Ms. Evette came over and gave Reagan a counted cross-stitch lesson.  She's sharing what she has done so far which will eventually be a peace sign surrounded by flowers.  I think I used to have something like that on a pair of jeans a very long time ago!!  I think Reagan loved learning a new craft.  Thanks Ms. Evette!!
And my most exciting news is I now have a dye kitchen in the garage.  We finally got the water and electricity installed and I'm ready to start dying.  Now I just need to find the time to get out there.  I've wanted something like this for a very long time so that I didn't have to drag all that stuff into the kitchen.  Now I have it and I'm super excited.  Thank you Mom and Dad for the generous Christmas gift and thank you Mark for all your help!!  Now to the dye pots!!!  You may see steam rising from my garage any day now!!

Hope you're all doing well and staying away from that terrible flu bug.  I'm hoping since we've already been bit we won't get it again!!  Still some coughing and congestion for both of us but just about back to normal.  Stay healthy and keep stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment