Friday, December 10, 2010

Well, here's the first and funniest holiday hat I've seen this year.  Sally showed up for recipe class toting this fine snowman hat.  Hmmm......not sure I would be brave enough to do that!

The ladies are busy creating the December recipe card featuring a wonderful Santa face and a very yummy breakfast casserole recipe. 
Gerry was the first to finish so she got the ta-da photo op..... 
When my first granddaughter was four years old, she wanted to learn to sew.  I taught her a couple basic embroidery stitches.  She learned to stitch on paper, her idea.  We then moved on to fabric and she made a pillow and has a couple of other projects she's working on.  I've asked Raleigh, who is now four, if she wanted to learn to sew and she always says "no, thank you."  Polite little thing.  Thursday morning she walked in the door and the first thing she asked was if I would teach her to sew.  So we had our first lesson.  I started her with a running stitch on paper just like her sister. 
Well, she tried and tried and I showed her over a couple of times and she would try again.  Notice she's left handed so that was a little more challenging for me to show her the right way.  After a few minutes Raleigh said "I don't think I want to learn to sew today."   
So we put down the paper and moved on to another project, the computer which she loves to play on.  I told her the next time she came over we would try again but this time on fabric.  She was excited about that so we'll see how that goes.

Hope you all find a little time to do some stitching today........................

No comments:

Post a Comment