Tuesday, October 2, 2012

YAY for October.  I love fall and the month of October can be quite beautiful in North Carolina.  Monday we had temperatures in the 60's which is unusual and today we are in the 80's and thunderstorms.  That's the south for you!  But we still get a taste of fall, eventually.  It's just the mere fact that I know summer is finally over!!!
I had little Joshua by myself one evening.  No one but me and Joshua and the big wide open yard to play in.  He did a little investigating and was quite enthralled with the downspout, especially when he figured out that if he pushed on the pipe, water would come out.  He splashed and played here for awhile. 

This goose was given to me by a good friend years ago.  Both of the girls have hopped on there and posed for pictures so I figured it was time for Joshua to do the same.  I think he's a wee bit younger than the girls were and wasn't quite enjoying his ride on the goose.  I think he was wondering why his Mina put him on this "thing" anyway!! 
All boy.  Loves his trucks and baseballs. 
Reagan was here over the weekend and got out the hexagons she had finished basting.  She's planning on making a quilt.............whew is all I can say!  She loves doing the hexagons.  Today she was here for a bit and I taught her how to stitch the pieces together.  I may have created a monster!!! 
Every where I look there are piles.............fabric covered boxes............. 
sewing dolls waiting for their final touches.................. 
pillows and wool mats and pincushions......................... 
and more fabric covered boxes................and who knows what else...............all in various stages of completion for the barn sale which is fast approaching. 
October 12-13 at The Little Herb House.
Please email or call if you don't have specifics to attend the sale.  We had so much fun last year and there were so many beautiful things for sale.............soon it will have come and gone but right now I'm still trying to get more done.  I have had four days off from classes so got lots done during that time.
Hope you'll get a chance to stop by and visit.  Pray for cool fall temperatures!! 

While walking in the yard with Joshua I couldn't resist one last zinnia picture.  There are still some very pretty flowers, just hanging on to those last warm days.  Still my favorite flower.

Happy stitching.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment