Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Moving on.......

Since I returned from my Mom's, things have been quite busy around here.  A good thing for me to help get through the sadness.  I have had at least one or two classes every day since we returned.  The ladies have been getting quite creative working on Christmas projects.  I finally remembered or thought to take out the camera to share a few photos with you.  We are also working on Thanksgiving recipe cards which are adorable.  Gobble Gobble Turkey Soup........yum!

The ladies got busy with watercolors for this recipe card.  They were quite creative! 
I thought the recipe on this card would come in handy since Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we all need ways to use up that leftover turkey.............. 
The class got so quiet while everyone painted their cards. 
Yesterday we got together to make wool crazy quilt stockings.  Bonnie has her pieces all laid out.  The colors look great together. 
Busy, busy, busy........each stocking was so different......and look at the brightly colored M&M's in the middle of the table.....how festive! 
Now that the stocking bases are put together, we're about to start working on the applique pieces.  That's where the fun really comes in.  I had a sheet of drawings that I shared with the ladies, but we also had fun getting into some of my patterns and reducing some of those designs so they could be used also.   
Betsy decided the best way to approach her stocking was to draw a roadmap!  She had the whole thing figured out on paper first.  Let's see if she sticks to her map. 
I have been invited to do a trunk show and teach a class at a quilt guild in Littleton, NC.  I think that's about two hours from where I live.  Road trip!!  I will be teaching the Christmas Pitcher to that group tomorrow.  It's a great project because it involves wool applique and embroidery, my two most favorite things to do!! 
Rosemary, the herb of remembrance........a sweet tribute to my Mother.  I have received lots of beautiful cards, some hand made, good wishes, prayers and plants.  I have decided to make a small "memory" garden to my Mom in the back where I can see it from my workroom.  We already have a small garden there that we had planned to enlarge with a couple of trees/bushes and bird feeders.  I love watching the birds and so did my Mom.  She was an avid bird watcher.  So this special little garden will be a special place for me and Mom.  Thank you all so much.

1 comment:

  1. Sending light, love and hugs for your heart. My your mom's light shine in you every single day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete