Monday, August 5, 2013

Don't you just love all the beautiful flowers that bloom in the summer time?  I surely do and love looking out my classroom window at the beautiful garden in the back.  All of the flowers in there I planted from seed late spring.  It's hard to believe that such beautiful flowers come from a teeny tiny little seed.  This morning the weather was beautiful and cooler and less humid so I decided to stroll around the yard before class and visit the flowers.  Took a few pics to share with you.  I would have taken more in the front but my next door neighbor was out and then a work truck showed up and then someone was walking their dog and I was in my pajamas so I decided to call it quits and get inside before too many people saw me roaming around the yard!! 

Zinnias are my favorite summer flower.  Remind me of going to my Mammaw's house all those years ago.  She had the most beautiful flower gardens, all planted from seeds. 

There sits that sweet little potting shed in the distance.   
A side view of the potting shed.  I still love it so much.  And so do the ladies that come to the house for classes.  Hubby did such a great job!!   
My husband planted pumpkin seeds awhile back and now they're starting to flower.  I hope we at least get a wheel barrow full of pumpkins for my front porch!!! 
Red zinnias this time.  This was a different variety.   
 

As well as teaching lots of classes, I have been working on some new fall projects.  Here are a few snippits since none of them are completely finished.  I'm doing some wool and some fabric projects this time for September and October. 


This is part of the Halloween tree that several of the ladies have already met and started creating.  I still have a couple of groups to meet to put down their trees so not too late to join in the fun!
 
I hope you're all finding time to do a little stitching and enjoying the last full month of summer.  Hard to believe how quickly it is going by.  And we have been blessed with no 100 degree days so far!!!  YAY!!!!  I am longing for fall..................

No comments:

Post a Comment