Thursday, July 4, 2013

A river runs through.......

our yard!!!  We have had so much rain this spring and now summer and lots of rain showers and thunderstorms............that now, on a regular basis I look out the back window to see this.......
a creek running through our woods.  We don't have a creek normally but here lately we've had so much rain that every storm that creek appears. 
The other day I decided to grab the camera and take a few photos of the creek to show my husband.  It's pretty amazing considering under normal circumstances it's a dry leafy area.  I wish we could share some of our bountiful water with the folks out west who are battling the wildfires.  I was thinking about them the other day when it was just pouring here and wishing our rainy weather could head west for awhile to help them out.  My heart breaks for all the loss of lives and homes as a result of the fires.  It's hard to imagine that is going on when we're sitting in the middle of a deluge of rainy weather. 
But thanks to the rainy weather we haven't had to water our gardens very much this year and the plants and flowers are growing quite nicely!! 
There's that cute little shed in the background.  Still loving it!! 
I didn't get a very good shot (since I was hanging from the classroom window upstairs) but there's a random squash plant that has blossomed in this large bed.  My husband thought it was a weed and I kept telling him it looked like squash.  After it started growing some he agreed it was squash.  Now we have some squash growing (the lumpy bumpy kind) with lots of flowering vines.  The only problem now is the deer have also found the plant along with other things and are having some midnight snacks at our expense.  Those danged cute deer drive me crazy!!!
I have been working on my Halloween Tree model the past couple of days, off and on.  I have now added quite a bit of wool that I am trying to get stitched down.  I think this is going to be a fun project and can't wait to add more.  My fingers can't stitch fast enough!!

I wish you all a very Merry 4th of July and I hope you all see lots of beautiful fireworks and eat lots of hotdogs and corn on the cob and potato salad...............hmmmm, can you tell I've been on a diet??!!  It all sounds so good.  Anyway, have a great 4th and find a little time to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment