Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A week at a time......

Looks life my blogging life is going to be a week at a time...........and all in photos!  Reagan borrowed a book from her classroom and wanted to make a three bears puppet show.  So last week we bought the supplies and worked on the puppets.
Making one of the three bears.............. 
Reagan decided to type the entire book onto the computer so she could print out pages for each person's part in the play (five characters).   
And now she's highlighting each person's lines on the typed sheet so they will know their parts!  I'm thinking at this point that she's a pretty smart and creative cookie!! 
Next she wanted to make blankets for the three bears' beds.  She decided to make a nine-patch quilt for one of the beds and used quilt pieces I already had for another bed and a soft fleecy fabric for baby bear's bed. 


Ta-da......look what I did. 
Here she is with her three bears, Goldilocks and the narrator.  A very creative little girl. 
I just love Raleigh in her T-ball uniform.  She's just too cute!! 
Look at me, I'm the catcher.  You should have seen her trying to walk in all the garb. 
These little eggs survived the heavy winds from the storms on Saturday.  We went out after everything had passed and there they were.  And in a couple bushes down from this one there is a nest with three baby birds that did fine during the storm also.  Amazing to me. 
After the worst of the storms had passed through, I looked out back and there was a bird bonanza going on.  There were three gold finches and a bluebird just as if it were a sign from God that everything is OK now.  They were so beautiful.  And the first time I've seen the gold finches at my feeders (which are put away in this picture due to the high winds). 
My husband and I drove to Raleigh yesterday to see some of the damage.  I kept seeing it on the news and I felt like I wanted to see it in person, to make it more personal.  It was so devastating to see what has happend in the city.  These are just a couple quickly snapped pictures as we were sitting in traffic.  It is mind boggling what that storm did to our area.  Trees are toppled everywhere you look, on houses, on buildings, across roads, roofs are gone from businesses, buildings are leveled to the ground, cemetaries destroyed, no rhyme or reason as to where these things hit and destroy.  We are thankful to have been spared but there are so many that are without homes now or have lost their businesses.  Keep all those folks in your prayers. 


And on a happier note, I just finished up another stitchery pattern.  Fresh eggs.............thanks for the pretty brown eggs Lisa!!

My son and daughter-in-law are on their way to the baby doctor as I type this.  They are hoping to find out the sex of the baby today.  We've all picked what we think it is going to be...................go BOY!!  But we love those little girls too.

Here's to hoping you all have a wonderful and safe weekend and a very joyous Easter. 

1 comment:

  1. What a clever granddaughter you have! Love all the little mouses that were made by the group!

    ReplyDelete