Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Make a Wish..............

I can't believe how quickly time goes by.  I keep saying to my friends the older I get, the faster the clock hands move.  I just can't seem to keep up with the days, but they have certainly been busy days.  I love when I go to bed with a feeling of accomplishment.  I may not share all that with you, but believe me, there are never idle moments.
What a beautiful spring day!  Reagan making her first wish of spring. 
Raleigh is taking tap/ballet classes and has a recital in May.  She was given her costume at the last class for the recital for a fitting and then told she couldn't wear it again until the recital.  That burst her little bubble because the first thing she said to me was she was going to keep the outfit on all day.  Once the recital is over, she can play dress up. 
A fun class on Saturday morning.  Quite a few ladies came to make the Easter egg and bunny table runner I designed just for this class.  They were so busy they didn't even realize I was taking pictures. 
Donna and Linda look too serious.  They were having fun but being super productive at the same time! 
Here's one of the eggs being color planned.  Bits and pieces of wool eventually turn into beautiful projects. 
Debby decided she needed more room and found a spot on the floor.  She said that's where she does most of her work at home............on the floor. 
And here are three of Debby's wool crazy blocks.  The first two are done I think, but the last one is her work in progress at this time.  She still plans on doing one more.  These blocks all have something to do with her, her family and their farm.  I love her creativity. 
The cemetary now has names and dates on the headstones.  How original is that! 
Her grandparents used to drive a horse and buggy.  Can't wait to see what else goes on this block and all her embellishments. 
A group met for recipe card class on Sunday afternoon.  They always have a great time. 
Elaine and Debbie.  I just noticed Elaine holding up her Kiss Me I'm Irish "Stew" sign.  Funny! 
Everyone was super busy with this project.  I had them tearing bits of paper and then putting it all back together again.  The cards turned out great. 
This is the front of the card.  Sorry, forgot to take a pic of the back side. 
Worked on some cards last night.  Wonder who gets these? 
We also had a teacup pincushion class Saturday afternoon.  Here's Sue working on her creation.   
Linda, Marty & Sylvia looking for the perfect ribbon to finish off their teacups.  They all turned out great and each one very different.
And just for you Sue, a sneak peek at the April recipe card. At least the back............wonder what the front looks like?
Just turned this sweet little redwork into a pattern. She's called "A Dress for Dolly".

We are having beautiful spring weather, in the lower 80's the past couple of days and just beautiful out.  Wish it could stay this way all spring but we here in the south know that just around the corner is the heat and humidity of summer days.  So we have to relish the days we have now.  Find some time to do a little stitching today! 

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through another. looks as though everyone is having a great time creating fun projects. Thanks for sharing.

    I will visit you again soon.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete